When talking about country music stars that set the golden standard for all other country stars, one name seems to come up: George Strait. Strait has sold over 70 million albums in the United States, including 13 multiplatinum, 33 platinum and 38 gold albums. 3 Golden Pick awards were given for George Strait top songs, one in 1997 for “Favorite Video Entertainer” for the song Check Yes or No, and “Favorite Album” for his song Blue Clear Sky.
Cover of George Strait
George Strait has been recording for over 30 years and has achieved 60 number one songs on country music rating charts and a net worth of over $300 million. He has more number one hits than any other artist in country music, and every other genre. Strait is also the only country artist to have one single be in the top ten charts for 30 consecutive years, which started with his single “Unwound” in 1981. Strait has also been named the ‘Artist of the Decade’ by the Academy of Country Music and was also indoctrinated into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Strait won his first Grammy award for his popular album, Troubadour. Strait was also named CMA Entertainer of the year for two years in a row, 1989 and 1990. Strait’s best-selling album to present is Pure Country. Pure Country sold well over 6 million copies.
George Strait Top Songs of All Time
5. The Best Day (2000)-Three week number 1 hit in 2000
4. Check Yes or No (1995) – CMA single of the year
3. I Saw God Today (2008) – CMA single of the year
2. Love Without End, Amen (1990) – This hit stayed on the country top ten chart for well over a month and was Strait’s first number 1 hit song.
1. Carrying Your Love With Me (1997) – This was a four week number 1 song for Strait, and the album it debuted on won the CMA Album of the Year award.